The K Club
The K Club, a 5-star luxury hotel in Dublin, and Straffan House, the resort’s exclusive on-site private residence accommodation, had long been known for its golf offerings, thanks to two Arnold Palmer-design courses located on property. However, newly launched activities, a world-class spa, and themed family experiences were also property highlights. The resort sought to create awareness for The K Club among new market segments beyond golf and highlight the unique Straffan House accommodation for groups and families from the United States and Canada.
- Create and implement a dynamic 6-month media relations plan centered on solidifying the resort’s position as the leading choice for a luxury getaway in Ireland
- Position the K Club and Straffan House as one of Ireland’s most exclusive travel experiences
- Leverage The K Club’s unique amenities and programming to stimulate interest, influence action, and, ultimately, drive bookings from consumers and travel trade across the U.S.
- Conducted a media audit to determine how the property had previously been covered in North America and what future opportunities existed
- Developed a robust media relations campaign targeting the luxury market in the United States and Canada
- Executed a comprehensive media FAM trip with editors from top-tier luxury publications
- Led a series of deskside meetings in New York City, introducing the resort’s CEO and General Manager to high profile editors and writers for key national media outlets
- Secured 70 media placements featuring The K Club and Straffan House, generating an estimated 305 million media impressions, including placements in top media outlets including The New York Times, Town & Country, and Robb Report, for an ad value in excess of US$4.3 million and a total ROI of 203:1
- Generated more than 700,000 social media impressions as a result of the media FAM trip